Tuesday, April 05, 2005

Fever Pitch and Sunday's Game

First let me talk about Fever Pitch. I went to see the sneak preview on Friday night so I can get psyched up for Opening Day. I thought it would be the perfect chick + Sox fan movie. I'm not sure if it was a great chick flick, but I loved the Sox-ness of it all. The clips and references to historical Sox disasters/triumphs made me relive memories. Talk about an emotional roller coaster. Of course, the clips of last year's World Series brought tears to my eyes as I remembered that moment when I was in Boston Beer Works celebrating.

Anyways, Sunday's game. The elation at the end of last season suddenly wiped out. Reminded me of the fate of a Sox fan. Even winning the series, some things never change. It's kinda nice. Though I can't even believe the Yankees fans showed their disgraced faces at all. How can one live down the biggest choke in history? I'll have to ask some of my Yankees fans-"friends".

Is it just me, or is it just plain weird to see David Wells playing for us. Against the Yankees. I think he intentionally blew it as he is not a true Sox player. We'll see over the season if he can prove me wrong, but I can't wait for Schilling to play again. Our home opener on the 11th will be sweet. Though I don't think Schilling's playing until the 13th. He really should open on the 11th. Without him and the bloody sock, we wouldn't have done it last season.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home